A career at Pixifox Animation is about being part of a young and professional team working on the development and production of fun and playful 3D animated series.
Come join Pixifox Animation on a mission to change the way kids watch online content. We’re a growing, passionate company with much to accomplish. We’re looking for a Lead 3D Character Animator who will be tasked to lead, inspire and challenge the team of 3D Character Animators. The Lead 3D Animator will set and guard the style of animation for our upcoming immersive, educational and fun animated preschool series for kids. This artist will be expected to seamlessly work with the Directors and Leads of all other departments and contribute to the process from pre-production to final polish.
What you’ll do
- Bring a variety of characters to life by giving them unique and recognizable behaviours, thoughts and emotions through high-quality animations.
- You set and guard the level and style of animation within the team of 3D Character Animators.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, mentoring, and pro-active problem-solving skills.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with our Music, Story(board), Modeling and Rigging teams and understand how the message and tone of voice can be translated best into animation.
- Manage expectations on progress throughout tasks and projects.
- Explore and generate a large quantity of diverse animation styles and expression options.
- Assist during the storyboarding stage to properly anticipate on the animatics and animation stage.
- Participate in R&D and problem solving to reach artistic solutions to technical and other animation considerations. Consistently look for deploying efficiency (either via re-use, or more optimization).
- Advise Artists on their technique, advances in work-flow and provide feedback on work-in-progress.
- Properly anticipate on the next development stages within the production pipeline.
- Build, test and maintain in house tools and asset libraries with the R&D team.
- Ensure all project files and clips are properly backed up, organized and stored appropriately.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- A strong passion for working on content for young kids.
- A proven track record of working for at least 5 years as a 3D Animation Lead or Supervising Artists in television animation, feature animation and game cinematics productions.
- A deep understanding of animation principles and traditional 2D animation techniques and the ability to clearly communicate those ideas to others.
- Extraordinary skills in animating (and understanding the anatomy of) human bipedal figures as well as animals.
- Have a thorough and expert knowledge of a variety of animation styles including stylized, cartoon to realistic, for both character and animal animation as well as vehicles and elements.
- Solid technical skills regarding rigging and weight painting.
- Excellent communication and collaborative technical and creative problem solving skills.
- Highly developed knowledge of the animation and associated pipelines.
- Training or experience with acting.
- The confidence of working and making decisions independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya.
- A storyteller with a great sense of empathy and humour.
- Extremely happy to be working on young kids content.
- A creative team leader with strong and original problem-solving skills.
- Willing to serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- Open to direction and embrace change.
- Passionate about film, music, video, and animation, as well as new technologies and trends.
- Confident to work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines. You have strong time management skills.
- Able to guide and mentor junior staff
What we offer you
- A great new adventure. A place to grow, gain responsibilities and most of all, have fun!
- Competitive renumeration along with full-time employment status.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues. We’re a team of people, not robots.
- A high-quality production setting in a brand-new facility with a fantastic view.
- An easy to reach place. You can easily commute from Amsterdam and Utrecht.
Come join us
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we would love to hear from you! Please apply with a CV (including a link to your portfolio) and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we decide to move forward with your application, we will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process. Please note: for full-time positions we can now only accept applications from artists with an EU citizenship.
About Pixifox Animation
Pixifox Animation is an independent, young, family focused 3D animation studio. Our studio is based in Hilversum, in the green heart of The Netherlands, near Amsterdam. With a team consisting of professional artists and creatives, we are passionately creating high quality digital content for our own, in-house developed, intellectual properties (IP’s).
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.