A career at Pixifox Animation is about being part of a young and professional team working on the development and production of fun and playful 3D animated series.
Come join Pixifox Animation on a mission to change the way kids watch online content. We’re a growing, passionate company with much to accomplish. We’re looking for a Senior 3D Props & Set Modeler who will be tasked to create a variety of objects and sets for immersive, educational and fun animated series for kids. This artist will be expected to collaborate with the Concept Design, Art and Animation team and contribute in the process from pre-production to final polish.
What you’ll do
- Model compelling 3D props and sets, based on existing Character Style Sheets and Art Direction.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with our Concept Design, Rigging and Animation team to create high quality 3D elements, both aesthetically and technically.
- Create quick mock-ups and assist during the animation blocking stage.
- Explore and generate a large quantity of diverse texture styles and texture options.
- Properly anticipate on the next development stages within the production pipeline.
- Work closely with Riggers and Animators. Understand how the mesh flows affect the freedom or limits of the facial rigs and body rigs and thereby the characters expressions and poses.
- Participate in R&D and problem solving to reach artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ensure all models and artwork are properly backed up, organized and stored appropriately.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation and/or video games.
- Experience with producing 3D props and set models within a fast paced environment and team.
- A strong passion for working on content for kids.
- Exceptional modeling, UV-unwrapping and texturing skills.
- Solid skills regarding rigging and weight painting.
- Great eye for different constructions and you understand how things are made.
- A good understanding of how texture and shader decisions affect render settings and output.
- A love for sculpting and life drawing.
- Strong time management skills, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines to the expected level of quality.
- The confidence of working and making decisions independently as well as part of a team.
- Pro skills in Maya and ZBrush.
- A creative team player with strong and original problem-solving skills
- Passionate about film, music, video, and animation, as well as new technologies and trends.
- Extremely happy to be working on young kids content.
- Confident to work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
What we offer you
- A great new adventure. A place to grow, gain responsibilities and most of all, have fun!
- Competitive renumeration along with full-time employment status.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues. We’re a team of people, not robots.
- A high-quality production setting in a brand-new facility with a fantastic view.
- An easy to reach place. You can easily commute from Amsterdam and Utrecht.
Come join us
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we would love to hear from you! Please apply with a CV (including a link to your portfolio) and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above and send this to email@example.com. If we decide to move forward with your application, we will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process. Please note: for full-time positions we can now only accept applications from artists with an EU citizenship.
About Pixifox Animation
Pixifox Animation is an independent, young, family focused 3D animation studio. Our studio is based in Hilversum, in the green heart of The Netherlands, near Amsterdam. With a team consisting of professional artists and creatives, we are passionately creating high quality digital content for our own, in-house developed, intellectual properties (IP’s).
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.