A career at Pixifox Animation is about being part of a young and professional team working on the development and production of fun and playful 3D animated series.
Come join Pixifox Animation on a mission to change the way kids watch online content. We’re a growing, passionate company with much to accomplish. We’re looking for Senior Set Designers who will be tasked to create inspiring and original worlds for immersive, educational and fun animated series for kids. This artist will be expected to collaborate with the concept and story team and lead the artistic process from pre-production to final polish.
What you’ll do
- Create compelling worlds and props that kids (and their parents) instantly love.
- Work closely with the Character Designers and communicate effectively with our Concept, Story, Modeling and Animation team to create high quality, inspiring, original and fun sets and props.
- Create quick sketches to assist in the visual communication within these teams.
- Take the lead to create art styles and execute on steps needed to realize that goal.
- Explore and generate a large quantity of diverse styles and ideas. Exploration will include shape variation and stylization.
- Work closely with Modelers. Understand how 2D drawings inform 3D shapes and can describe the transition from flat shapes to volumes both verbally and through supporting drawings and orthographics.
- Participate in R&D and problem solving to reach artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up, organized and stored appropriately.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- A strong passion for working on content for kids.
- Exceptional set & props design and illustration skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation and/or video games.
- Experience with producing for young kids and understanding in what they like or react best to.
- Proficiency in style of show, strong conceptual ideas and visual creativity to form original sets and can communicate the rationale behind your design decisions.
- Excellent knowledge of perspective, composition, and use of color.
- Strong time management skills, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines to the expected level of quality.
- The confidence of working and making decisions independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Maya and/or ZBrush is a plus.
- A creative team player with strong and original problem-solving skills
- Passionate about film, music, video, and animation, as well as new technologies and trends.
- Extremely happy to be working on young kids content.
- Confident to work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
What we offer you
- A great new adventure. A place to grow, gain responsibilities and most of all, have fun!
- Competitive renumeration along with full-time employment status.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues. We’re a team of people, not robots.
- A high-quality production setting in a brand-new facility with a fantastic view.
- An easy to reach place. You can easily commute from Amsterdam and Utrecht.
Come join us
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we would love to hear from you! Please apply with a CV (including a link to your portfolio) and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above and send this to email@example.com. If we decide to move forward with your application, we will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process. Please note: for full-time positions we can now only accept applications from artists with an EU citizenship.
About Pixifox Animation
Pixifox Animation is an independent, young, family focused 3D animation studio. Our studio is based in Hilversum, in the green heart of The Netherlands, near Amsterdam. With a team consisting of professional artists and creatives, we are passionately creating high quality digital content for our own, in-house developed, intellectual properties (IP’s).
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.