A career at Pixifox Animation is about being part of a young and professional team working on the development and production of fun and playful 3D animated series.
Come join Pixifox Animation on a mission to change the way kids watch online content. We’re a growing, passionate company with much to accomplish. We’re looking for an experienced Storyboard Artist who will be tasked to translate scripts or outline-based story ideas into clear and entertaining visual sequences for immersive animated series for kids.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the director, concept and story team to discuss storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish for each episode.
- Analyse the script and create storyboards based on interpretation of the pages or prompts.
- Provide cleaned-up storyboards with attention to clarity and entertainment value.
- Ensure storyboards align with the creative goals of the directors, deadlines, and storytelling objectives.
- Pitch thumbnails or rough storyboards to the director and animation team.
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up, organized and stored appropriately.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- A strong passion for working on content for kids. You understand what they like or react best to.
- At least 3 years of experience in television animation and/or feature animation.
- A thorough understanding of the animation pipeline and experienced in drawing storyboards.
- Excellent knowledge of acting, anatomy, perspective, staging and composition.
- Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of entertainment, humor, storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting.
- The ability to come up with inventive ideas to plus story material.
- The confidence of working and making decisions independently as well as part of a team.
- Works quickly to iterate new ideas or refine boards.
- Strong time management skills, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines to the expected level of quality.
- Ability to present the storyboard in an effective manner.
- Advanced knowledge of Storyboard Pro and/or Photoshop.
- A creative team player with strong and original problem-solving skills
- Passionate about film, music, video, and animation, as well as new technologies and trends.
- Extremely happy to be working on young kids content.
- Confident to work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
What we offer you
- A great new adventure. A place to grow, gain responsibilities and most of all, have fun!
- Competitive renumeration along with full-time employment status.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues. We’re a team of people, not robots.
- A high-quality production setting in a brand-new facility with a fantastic view.
- An easy to reach place. You can easily commute from Amsterdam and Utrecht.
Come join us
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we would love to hear from you! Please apply with a CV (including a link to your portfolio) and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we decide to move forward with your application, we will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process. Please note: for full-time positions we can now only accept applications from artists with an EU citizenship.
About Pixifox Animation
Pixifox Animation is an independent, young, family focused 3D animation studio. Our studio is based in Hilversum, in the green heart of The Netherlands, near Amsterdam. With a team consisting of professional artists and creatives, we are passionately creating high quality digital content for our own, in-house developed, intellectual properties (IP’s).
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.